Join us for a Summer of Mysteries at the Hattiesburg Zoo and help us solve mysteries of the Animal Kingdom all summer long!
|Zoo Tots||4-5||June 6 - 7||9am - 1pm||$40|
|Animal Super Sleuths 1||5-7||June 10 - 14||9am - 4pm||$150|
|Animal Super Sleuths 2||8-10||June 17 - 21||9am - 4pm||$150|
|Extinction Distinction 1||5-7||July 8 - 12||9am - 4pm||$150|
|Extinction Distinction 2||8-10||July 15 - 19||9am - 4pm||$150|
|Nature Rangers||11-13||July 23 - 27||
9am - 4pm (overnight on Friday)
Zoo Tots Camp
Children will experience a "mysteriously" fun time at June Zoo Tots Camp! Our mini campers will receive clues to solve Zoo mysteries such as "The Rogue Flamingo," "The Escaped Poacher" and other fun riddles.
Animal Super Sleuths Camps
Children will experience a "mysteriously" fun time this June! Throughout the week, campers will receive clues to solve hypothetical Zoo mysteries such as "The Rogue Flamingo," "The Escaped Poacher," and other fun animal riddles.
Extinction Distinction Camps
Children will solve animal mysteries in July! During the week, campers will create a treasure map of clues concerning animal conservation. Campers will discover clues that lead them to reasons why animals may be in danger and will use their maps to lead the way in saving animals from a fate of extinction!
Nature Rangers Camp
Campers will learn how to be conservation rangers and protect the world's animals from harm. The interactive week will end with a Wildlife Show featuring the campers themselves, as well as a sleepover at the Zoo! THIS CAMP IS NOW FULL.
NEW! Optional Additions
Lunch - $25 per Camp; includes a sandwich, fruit or chips and a cookie.
Before Care - $15 per Camp; Before Care begins at 7:30am.
After Care - $25 per Camp; After Care extends until 5:30pm
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the deadline for registration? Deadline for 2013 Camp Registration is 10 days prior to the first day of the session. A $15.00 late fee will be added after the deadline.
- After I register, what documents should I bring with me to camp? A Camper Information Sheet is required for all campers. You should bring this with you on the first day of camp.
- How much space is available? Camp enrollment is limited. Campers are enrolled on a first come, first served basis.
- Where do I go the first day of Camp? Check-in will be held each morning between 8:30am and 8:50am. All campers must be signed in at the tables located in the front plaza of the Zoo.
- Who will be allowed to drop off and pick up my child? Only an approved parent/guardian listed on the Camper Information Sheet will be able to check in or check out a camper.
- Will refrigeration be provided for lunches? For those who choose to bring their own lunch (Zoo Tots lunches are provided), and not purchase the Camp lunch package, please remember there is no refrigeration provided.
- Will refreshments be provided? Drinks and an afternoon snack will be provided for all campers.
- Will the children play in the Splash Pad? Our Splash Pad is always a big hit! Please have your camper bring appropriate clothing.
- What is appropriate Camp attire? Closed toe shoes, comfortable clothes, sunscreen and bug spray are always a must at the Zoo.
- What can we expect for the Camp Overnight? Our Camp for Ages 11 to 13 includes a sleepover at the Zoo on Friday! We will send more information on this special event after registration.
For more information, please contact Education Curator Krissy Hamilton at 601.545.4576 or KHamilton@hattiesburg.org.